Dr. Noid Wormser hates the 1980s! Armed with his power glove of doom he has vowed to destroy it once and for all. Only one man can save the decade. That man is Dan Camaro.
In this retro platformer, you collect real world memorabilia to save the decade. You progress through the '80s, year by year, collecting thousands of old cassettes, vhs tapes and video game cartridges.
You even learn new skills, fight bosses and unlock arcade minigames as you go.
Super 80s World has been in development for over three years. Starting as a full platformer, the game has evolved for a better mobile fit. Part runner / part platformer, the game utilizes simple controls and fun combination moves to deliver a platformer feel on a mobile device. Without needing an onscreen joystick.
In the first release, the early 80s edition, Dan Camaro will fight his way through five neon worlds set in the first half of the decade.
Six boss battles, four mini games and over 40 levels of:
- Running, Jumping, Bouncing, Sliding, Flipping, Stomping
- Gliding, Climbing, Skating, Dodging, Dive-bombing
- Pixel Art, Power Ups, Minigames, Easter Eggs
- Nostalgia, Neon, Mullets, Synthesizers & Puns
Five different worlds
The game contains 40 levels spread over five different worlds.
Each year is a different world:
- 1980 - Wonder Years
- 1981 - Arcadia
- 1982 - Miami Nice
- 1983 - Street Beatz
- 1984 - Evil Dread
Real-world items to collect
As you play through the levels you need to collect enough memorabilia to save that year.
- Old VHS Tapes
- Audio Cassettes
- Video Game Cartridges
You can peruse your collection any time you want a trip down memory lane.
Skills to learn along the way
Over the course of the game you'll learn new lots of new skills to keep things fresh:
- Double Jump
- Slide Kill
- Dive Bomb
As you progress you collect more memorabilia to reach higher levels of coolness. Here's a taste of the achievements you can attain:
Story Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- Too Many Games
- Smithsonian Indie Arcade
- Baltimore Artscape
- Super 80s World on AppAdvice
- Super 80s World on Bloody Disgusting
- Super 80s World on Alpha Beta Gamer
- Super 80s World on Touch Arcade
- Super 80s World on UHF Channel 17's Weekend Philler
- Super 80s World puts Dan Camaro on an epic adventure into 1980's pop culture
- Interview – Michael Cowden: "Super 80s World" the indie game
- Interview on Retro Gamesmaster
- Let's take a trip back to the 80's in this newly announced platformer!
- "Guys I’ve been waiting for this game for about a month now, just counting down the days. Let me say that it was well worth the wait. I just finished 1980 and loved every second of it." -- waynebutlerisntfunny
- "Fun, addictive, fast-paced game with lots of cool retro music and memorabilia." -- MaxxPower1
- "Fun game full of 80’s nostalgia. Love it" -- CardboardWarlord
- "Spectacular Authentic 80s gem" -- BuddyRoberts
- "This game is sick! Lovin’ it!" -- MacGuyver79
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Tap Tap Good allows for the contents of Super80sWorld to be published through video broadcasting services for non-commercial purposes.
About Tap Tap Good
Tap Tap Good is a Nevada LLC building fun and irreverent mobile games.
For more information please contact us here
Design & Development
Michael Cowden, Tap Tap Good